Period: 1/2013 – 3/2015
Funding: EU – Lifelong Learning Programm
Social literacy means the presence of social skills, knowledge and positive human values that support the ability in people to act positively and responsibly in social settings, and also their ability to successfully and deliberately mediate his/her world as family members, workers, citizens and lifelong learners.The public sector needs staff with a high level of social skills to meet public expectations. Therefore, governments and communities are interested to increase the standards of their staff and to develop their abilities for teamwork and for professional and personal life skills.
The general objectives are
- to support learners working in the public sector in their communication and social skills through effective and purposeful mediation of interactions with community, social and business environments and relations in sectorial public activities
- to promote social and emotional learning
- acquire social and personal skills that are essential to the practice
- to achieve social understanding and active, confident social participation
- to achieve social cohesion and community involvement
- to develop a sense of social responsibility
with other words, to raise their level of Social Literacy.